Sunday 20 February 2011

So, why am I doing this?

Honestly "why am I doing this?" Is a question I must ask myself 100 times a day.  Everytime, I step in the kitchen and struggle not to put real sugar in my tea, or pop to the corner shop and practically have to pull my arm back from picking up a Mars bar, I question is it all worth it.  

The thing is I like, in fact lets be honest I love food.  I love to shop for it, cook it and most of all eat it.  We can kid ourselves that all food is equal and if prepared correctly it tastes the same, but low fat margarine and butter are in totally different classes.  Lets be honest, the most delicious things are the things that are so bad for us.  Of course the the easy option would just be to stop eating but that is foolish and rather bad for you (believe me I've tried!)  So I'm trying to change my habits and relationship with food.  Once upon a time I would "treat" myself with chocolate or a takeaway, misguidedly thinking that I was doing myself some good.  Recently though I've faced up to the fact that I need to "treat" my body in different ways.  Ways that will benefit me physically and mentally.

We all know that being fat is dangerous, unhealthy, unattractive *insert negative word here*  While some people say that being fat doesn't bother them it really does bother me.  I hate getting out of breath while walking, I hate how wobbly I am.  I want to walk into normal shops and pick up any outfit without having to squeeze into it.  I can't stand the aches and pains I get and the fact that air travel terrifies me incase they ask me to get off the plane!  This list could go on and on.  These are the reasons why I am doing this.

Do you have a good reason why you are doing this? 

2 comments:

  1. Hi there, found your blog through Minimins. Got to say, I really like your writing style.

    My reasons for doing this... I am 21. I can't remember a single moment in my life when I was the right weight. I remember being aged 10 and weighing 10 stone. My weight has continued to increase year on year until I reached 20 stone. I lost three stone on Atkins and put one back on. I have now come to WW as I realise I need to be able to make a lifestyle choice, I want to learn how I can eat anything I like but within limit.

    I don't want to be the fat one anymore, I don't want to shop online for clothes anymore or feel self conscious in the changing rooms at the gym.I want to be able to be confident about my body and myself.

    Good luck, I look forward to reading your updates.

    echoburning

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Echoburning, thank you so much for your comment. I hate being all emotional but that really did choke me up a bit. I could have written the exact same thing just a few years in advance of you. I know what you mean about atkins, It does work very well but the exclusion is not good.

    I wish you all the sucess in the world, keep my updated with how you're doing.

    xx

    ReplyDelete